Yep, it’s true. Joss Stone is scheduled to play Rock in Rio USA. Now that her show is confirmed, here are 5 reasons—among the many others—that you cannot miss it:
1) Joss Stone began her career young, releasing her debut album, The Soul Sessions, when she was just 16 years old. Stone is still in her twenties, and as spontaneous and charming as ever, but she has gathered enough experience to be considered a genuine soul music diva.
2) The British singer’s talent has won the respect of many music industry moguls. Rock legend Mick Jagger was so impressed by her musical skills that he invited her to form a band. Their band, SuperHeavy, also included Dave Stewart (from Eurythmics), Damian Marley and A. R. Rahman.
3) Joss Stone knows Rock in Rio. She has already played the festival three times. Once in Rio de Janeiro in 2011, and twice in Lisbon in 2008 and 2012. With all her experience at Rock in Rio, the USA festival is bound to feel like home. And, as everyone knows, when an artist is comfortable, their concerts are even better.
4) Stone will play her show at Rock in Rio USA on the Sunset Stage. This is the festival space where artists are known to get creative and offer suprising musical experiences. Basically, Stone can do whatever she wants onstage. Who knows what she might have in store?
5) Joss Stone’s music is widely recognized. Her popularity is evident in her record sales. She has won several awards, including a Grammy and two BRIT Awards.
Rock in Rio USA is happening on May 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th. Many bands are confirmed and the line-up is impressive already: Metallica, Taylor Swift, No Doubt, Linkin Park, John Legend, Ed Sheeran and Deftones. Many more artists are expected. Stay tuned!