WIN A TRIP TO ROCK IN RIO PROMOTION
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Win a Trip to Rock in Rio Promotion (the “Promotion”) is a single sweepstakes in which one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected (the “Grand Prize Winner”) by Sponsor during the Promotion Period (defined below). The Grand Prize Winner will receive one Grand Prize (defined below). The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received; in other words, many will enter; only one (1) person will win.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal United States permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below), whichever is greater, and who have a valid email address. Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, distributors, suppliers, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Promotion, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings – whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
3. SPONSORSHIP: This Promotion is sponsored by Rock World USA, LLC, 875 Washington St, Suite 300, New York, NY 10014 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor and/or its affiliates produce and will host the 2015 Rock in Rio music festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (the “Festival”).
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on June 20, 2014 at 10:31:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 08, 2014 at 04:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). All times are determined according to the time in New York, New York. All entries must be received by 09:59:59 a. m. (ET) on July 08 ,2014. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. The drawing will be held on July 10, 2014.
5. TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, visit www.rockinrio.com (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions for completing the presale tickets survey and entering the Promotion. You may be required to provide your name, complete address, phone number, age and email address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household, and per email address during the Promotion Period, plus the number of any bonus entries permitted and earned in accordance with these Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified upon registration or after further review by the Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter without completing the presale ticket survey by sending an email with your name, complete mailing address, phone number, birthday, age and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive one (1) Promotion entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: One (1) entry per person. All email entries must be received by July 04, 2014 at 09:59:59 a.m. ET.
OPTIONAL BONUS ENTRIES: After you have registered on the Website, there are three (3) ways to earn bonus Promotion entries, as described below.
1. Facebook: You may click on the Facebook like button to “like” Rock in Rio on Facebook and you will receive one (1) additional Promotion entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: One (1) additional Grand Prize drawing entry for liking the Rock in Rio page on Facebook.
2. Twitter: You may follow us on Twitter and you will receive one (1) additional Promotion entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: One (1) additional Grand Prize drawing entry for following us on Twitter.
3. Google Plus: You may share the promotion link on Google Plus and you will receive one (1) additional Promotion entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: One (1) additional Grand Prize drawing entry for sharing the promotion on Google Plus.
In order to receive bonus entries, you must indicate that you follow and/or like Rock in Rio after entering the Promotion on the Website. Bonus entries will only be valid if you continuously like and/or follow Rock in Rio upon entry, during the Promotion, and on the date of the Drawing.
Proof of entering information is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited; all such entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or block access to the Website by any individual suspected of using such processes. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, unintelligible, undelivered, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION / OPT-IN: By entering via Sponsor’s Website [or http://rockinrio.com/rir-vegas/promotions/], you consent for the Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Promotion. Additionally, you are authorizing the Sponsor to send you emails to the address entered on the entry form regarding product offerings. The information that you provide in connection with the entry process will be used by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, but will not be sold or provided to another company. You may opt out of receiving future emails from Sponsor by clicking on the link contained in any email received. You will remain eligible for this Promotion whether or not you opt out of receiving the emails.
7. PRIZE: TRIP TO ROCK IN RIO MUSIC FESTIVAL. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two to the Festival on September 18, 2015 through September 20, 2015 (the “Grand Prize” or the “Grand Prize Trip”).
Trip Details: The Grand Prize Trip will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest of his or her choice. The Grand Prize Trip will be for four (4) days and three (3) nights. The Grand Prize will include: i) Two (2) round-trip coach airfares between a major U.S. airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the international airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, ii) One (1) hotel room accommodation (double occupancy) for three (3) nights in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and iii) Two (2) three-day passes to the 2015 Rock in Rio Music Festival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Dates for event and travel are September 17, 2015 through September 21, 2015. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot travel on the dates provided, the prize will be forfeited and no additional prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner. Any travel companion under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and for any travel insurance. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER AND THE WINNER’S GUEST TO OBTAIN ALL NECESSARY TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING PASSPORTS AND/OR VISAS IF APPLICABLE. The flight dates are subject to change without notice or compensation. Any portion of the Grand Prize that remains unused becomes the property of the Sponsor. Once travel is booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel guest to arrive at the departure airport in time for their flights, with proper government-issued travel documentation and proper identification.
If any Grand Prize component of the vacation package is not available, is cancelled or is rescheduled for any reason, then the remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. The portions of the Grand Prize consisting of products/services for two (2) people require that the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel guest redeem the Grand Prize together. If the Grand Prize Winner chooses to take the Trip without a guest, then the remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any of the prize components that are lost, mutilated, or stolen.
There is no cash equivalent and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize Trip is $4,800.00. Prizes are not transferable.
8. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received, in a random drawing on or about July 10, 2014, by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and not subject to challenge and/or appeal in any and all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mail. Upon initial notification and verification of the Grand Prize Winner, confirmation will be sent to the Grand Prize Winner via email and/or USPS mail, or other home delivery service of Sponsor’s choice. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only three attempts for alternates will be conducted per Grand Prize Trip. If attempts fail, the Grand Prize Trip will not be awarded.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes your consent for Sponsor and its designees to use your name, image, likeness, prize information, biographical data, contact information, city and state of residence for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes in any media without further compensation. By participating in the Promotion, you further consent to our use of any photographs, audio recordings or video footage of you in advertising, marketing and promotional materials, including a brief post-drawing video interview of you should you become a Grand Prize Winner. You agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
10. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Any potential Grand Prize Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Grand Prize Winner, such potential Grand Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Grand Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Grand Prize Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable eligible entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. To claim a prize, you will be required to provide your correct full name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. The potential Grand Prize Winner may be subject to verification before a prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and Certificate of Work Made for Hire/Copyright Assignment (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), together with such other documents as Sponsor may deem necessary or advisable in its sole discretion, and return them within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected. The Grand Prize Winner’s travel guest must sign and return a Travel Companion Waiver prior to the prize being awarded.
The Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated average retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor, and any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to a Grand Prize Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SPONSOR WITH A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER BEFORE A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the total ARV of the prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use the Grand Prize Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or Promotion purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation.
11. MODIFICATION: In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is no longer capable of running as intended by these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, postpone, delay or modify the Promotion and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, including, but not limited to, any occurrences described above, or any other causes which may corrupt or impair the integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. For example, Sponsor may select a Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or conducted a random drawing among all prize claimants, and neither Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties (defined below) shall have any further liability to any entrant in connection with the Promotion.
12. RELEASE: As a condition of entering or participating in this Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death, emotional distress, mental anguish or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor’s Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Promotion, including without limitation while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize or Promotion-related activity; (c) receipt, ownership, possession, or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Promotion; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize (“Released Matters”).
California citizens: You hereby acknowledge that you are familiar with Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, which provides that “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which, if known by him, must have materially affected the settlement with the debtor.” Accordingly, you hereby waive and relinquish every right or benefit which you may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and under any similar provision of any other applicable law, to the full extent that s/he may lawfully waive such right or benefit pertaining to this Promotion and the Released Matters. You further acknowledge that you may hereafter discover facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true with the respect to the subject matter of this Promotion, but that it is your intention hereby fully, finally and forever, to settle and release the Released Parties from all Released Matters, disputes and differences, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, which now exist, may exist or heretofore existed, and in furtherance of such intention, the release given herein shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release, notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different facts.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, government regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion (or any part thereof), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Grand Prize using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer (or any information/material stored therein) relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Grand Prize Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
14. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: By participating, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, Sponsor’s Website Terms and Conditions, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. The Promotion and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Promotion entrants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other states laws.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, the parties agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, any claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of Grand Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Promotion, if any), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator will apply the substantive laws of the state of New York, will issue a written decision and will have the power to award any legal remedies except as limited by these Official Rules. The parties will split the arbitrator’s fee; provided, however, if applicable law requires Sponsor to pay the arbitrator’s fee in order for the arbitration provision to be enforceable, Sponsor shall have the discretion to elect to pay such fees and proceed to arbitration. You irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action regarding the Promotion. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that any party fails to appear to any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear.
15. WINNER’S LIST: For a winner list, visit [WINNER’S LIST URL]. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.