GET MARRIED AT ROCK IN RIO CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. CONTEST OVERVIEW: Love is in the air at Rock in Rio! During the Weddings Contest (the “Contest”), couples will have the chance to submit their love story to the Sponsor to earn the chance to get married at the Rock in Rio USA music festival taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 8-9 and May 15-16, 2015 (the “Event”). The Contest is a promotional contest in which a minimum of sixteen (16) winning couples will be selected (each couple, a “Winning Couple”) by the Sponsor (defined below) during the Contest Period (defined below) to win the chance to attend the Event and be married on site at the Rock in Rio Chapel (the “Prize”). In addition to the Prizes available pursuant to this Contest, the Sponsor may, at its discretion, offer to couples attending the Event the opportunity to get married at the Rock in Rio Chapel. This discretionary selection shall not constitute a Prize pursuant to this Contest, and such couples shall not be required to submit an Entry (defined below) or otherwise participate in this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the exceptions contained in this Section 2, this Contest is open to unmarried individuals worldwide over the age of 18 at the time of entry who are engaged and committed to be married; provided, however, that this Contest is not available within (i) any countries where the Contest, its mechanisms, these Rules and/or the Prize or any part(s) of them are prohibited by any applicable law, regulation, guideline or ordinance; (ii) any country currently under sanction by the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) list, which can be found at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs/; (iii) countries or jurisdictions where language translation of rules or publication and bonding of promotions is required; (iv) any country which the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion at any time during the Contest is a voided country and not eligible for participation. Each Entry shall be valid for two (2) people engaged to be married, regardless of race, age (subject to each person being 18 or over), gender, or sexual orientation.
Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, distributors, suppliers, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising/Contest agencies, persons engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings – whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
By entering this contest, you agree, among other things, that if you and your partner are finalists in the Contest, you and your partner each agree to the following: (i) you will make yourselves exclusively available to the Sponsor for publicity and promotion; (ii) you will travel to the Event on the dates specified by the Sponsor and to participate in various public appearances, activities, and/or promotions leading up to and following the Event t, including without limitation, throughout and after the wedding portion of the Prize; (iii) you will have a minimum of $3,000 set aside as a travel and wedding budget to cover any taxes, travel costs, and wedding expenses not explicitly included within the Prize; (iv) you
acknowledge that the Sponsor has and will have all, exclusive and complete rights, title and interest in and to all photos, videos, and recordings taken in relation to the Contest and the Prize for all media purposes (in all media now known and hereafter developed); (v) you will accept all choices made by Sponsor in connection with the wedding ceremony portion of the prize, including, but not limited to, the choice of officiant and any statements made by the officiant; (vi) you will abide and be bound by the Contest official event rules and additional media commitments provided by the Sponsor; and (vii) you will engage in at least the following media activities, by the dates specified by, and to the satisfaction and approval of the Sponsor (a) submit a video within 5 days of being notified by the Sponsor that you are a potential Winning Couple; (b) make yourselves available for interviews before and after the wedding portion of the Prize, and for any additional press interviews at the Sponsor’s request; and (c) avail yourselves to any other reasonable requests of the Sponsor.
3. SPONSORSHIP: This Contest is sponsored by Rock World USA, LLC, d/b/a Rock in Rio USA, 6280 West 3rd Street, #423, Los Angeles, California 90036 (the “Sponsor”).
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest began on October 9, 2014 and ends on April 17, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Contest Period”). Winning Couples will be notified by April 15, 2015 using the contact information provided in their Entries. All times are determined according to the time in Las Vegas, Nevada. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PT) on April 17, 2015. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Each Contest entry (“Entry”) consists of a short essay describing your and your partner’s story and an optional video explaining why you should be chosen to get married at the Event. All Entry files must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos must be no more than five (5) minutes long. Entries must be submitted in English or Portuguese. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online carrier apply. Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Only one entry per couple is permitted. If any person or couple submits more than one Entry, only one Entry received by the Sponsor on behalf of a couple will be considered. No mail-in Entry method is available for this Contest. Each essay or video you submit as an Entry must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material created by you. All Entries will become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering the Contest, you represent, acknowledge and warrant that the submitted Entry is an original work created solely by you and your partner, that it does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Entry or the Entry’s content. Entry videos that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in Section 11 of these Rules. When recording the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person’s art.
If an Entry’s video includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the Entry, authorizing use of the Entry as provided below under “License.” If you are unable to provide a personal release, upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your Entry may be disqualified. You do not need to send the release with your Entry. If you win, we will contact you if a release is needed.
All Entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
Entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, unintelligible, undelivered, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. JUDGING CRITERIA: Judging consists of multiple rounds of evaluation as Entries are received by the Sponsor. The judges appointed by the Sponsor (the “Judges”) will select final Entries from among all eligible Entries according to the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (1) how compelling the reasons the entrant gave for a Rock in Rio wedding being the perfect way for entrant
and his or her partner to get married is : 25%; (2) how a love of music brought the couple together or helped them overcome challenges 25%; (3) the couple’s creative connection to Las Vegas and/or Rock in Rio: 25%; (4) how the couple represents the inspired, romantic, and spontaneous spirit of Rock in Rio USA: 25%.
The final Entries selected by the Judges will proceed to a final evaluation round. In this round, the Judges and the Sponsor’s media team will collectively select Winning Couples based on the Judging Criteria. Winning Couples will be chosen on an ongoing basis during the Contest Period and will be notified by e-mail using the contact information provided in the Entry. Decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the official number of Winning Couples.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the information included in your Entry email. If such notification is returned as non-deliverable (or incorrect phone number), you may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and an alternate Entry may be selected based on the judging criteria set forth above.
7. LICENSE: By entering the Contest, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to the Sponsor and its designees, licensees or affiliates (the “Authorized Parties”), to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of your Entry or Entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to Display at a potential exhibition of Winning Couples and publication online highlighting Entries or Winning Couples of the Contest. You consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe on your “moral rights” in your Entry. Display or publication of any Entry on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a Winning Couple. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, you grant to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made by you or those featured in your Entry in connection with the Contest, and of your or their pictures or likenesses, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION / OPT-IN: By entering via Sponsor’s Website at rockinrio.com/usa (the “Website”), you authorize the Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Contest. Additionally, you are authorizing the Sponsor to send you emails to the address entered on the Entry form regarding product offerings. The information that you provide in connection with the Entry process will be used by Sponsor, but will not be sold or provided to another company.
9. PRIZE: YOUR WEDDING AT ROCK IN RIO! The Sponsor will select up to sixteen (16) Winning Couples.
Prize Details: Each Prize consists of (i) two tickets for admission to one weekend (consisting of two days) of the Event (ARV $600), the dates of which shall be selected by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, (ii) the cost of a marriage license in Las Vegas, Nevada, and (iii) a wedding ceremony to be held at the Rock in Rio Chapel (ARV $400), which will be part of the festival’s Rock Street experience. The ceremony shall be led by an officiant to be chosen by the Sponsor
In order to claim the Prize, each couple must obtain a marriage license at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled ceremony at the Event. The Sponsor will reimburse you for the cost of the marriage license within seven days of your receipt of the Prize. IF THE WINNING COUPLE FAILS TO OBTAIN A VALID MARRIAGE LICENSE PRIOR TO SUCH COUPLE’S SCHEDULED WEDDING CEREMONY, SUCH COUPLE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM A PRIZE.
THE PRIZE SHALL NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL EXPENSES TO OR FROM LAS VEGAS, NEVADA. IT IS EACH WINNING COUPLE’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE ALL NECESSARY TRAVEL. IF THE WINNING COUPLE CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE DATES PROVIDED, THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED AND NO ADDITIONAL PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED. THE PRIZE SHALL NOT INCLUDE ANY INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RELATED TO THE WINNING COUPLE’S WEDDING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WEDDING RINGS, TICKETS AND TRAVEL FOR GUESTS, ATTIRE, CAKE, FOOD, BEVERAGES, OR ANY VENUE RESERVATION OTHER THAN THE CEREMONY TO BE HELD AT THE ROCK IN RIO CHAPEL. IN ADDITION, THE WINNING COUPLE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO DECORATE THE CEREMONY CHAPEL. ANY PHOTOGRAPHY, CUSTOMIZED VOWS OR ANY OTHER ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF THE CEREMONY MAY ONLY BE ARRANGED THROUGH SPONSOR’S OFFICIAL WEDDING Graceland Wedding Chapel. THE SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM OF ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, THE PRIZE, OR ANY ENTRY.
All expenses and incidental travel and wedding costs not expressly communicated to the Winning Couple at the time their Entry is chosen, including but not limited to, ground transportation, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of the Winning Couple. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNING COUPLE TO OBTAIN A VALID NEVADA MARRIAGE LICENSE AND ALL NECESSARY TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION PRIOR TO THE EVENT, INCLUDING PASSPORTS AND VISAS, IF APPLICABLE. Any portion of the Prize that remains unused becomes the property of the Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Winning Couple to arrive at the departure airport in time for their flights, with proper government-issued travel documentation and proper identification, in order to claim their Prize at the Event.
Sponsor will not replace any of the Prize components that are lost, mutilated, or stolen. There is no cash equivalent and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. EACH WINNING COUPLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE RECEIPT AND/OR USE. Prizes are not transferable.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes your consent for Sponsor and its designees and partners to use your name, prize information, likeness, biographical data,
contact information, city and state of residence for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes in any media without further compensation.
11. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Any potential Winning Couple must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within five (5) days of being notified as a potential Winning Couple. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Winning Couple, such potential Winning Couple shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winning Couple shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winning Couple may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. To claim a prize, each Winning Couple will be required to provide your correct full name, a valid, government-issued photo identification document for each individual, mailing address, dates of birth, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Each potential Winning Couple may be subject to verification before a prize will be awarded. The Winning Couple is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. The Winning Couple will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and Certificate of Work Made for Hire/Copyright Assignment (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), together with such other documents as Sponsor may deem necessary or advisable in its sole discretion, and return them within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Winning Couple selected. Any person accompanying the Winning Couple during any portion of the Prize must sign and return a Companion Waiver prior to the Prize being awarded. If any individual member of the Winning Couple, at the time the Winning Couple is notified, has any disability or illness, whether mental or physical, such person must, within 7 days of notification, provide a signed statement from a physician confirming that he/she is able to travel to the Event.
The Winning Couple will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize. Any stated average retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor. Any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winning Couple may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPRISING THE WINNING COUPLE WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SPONSOR WITH A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES BEFORE A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each individual comprising the Winning Couple for the total ARV of the prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s designees and partners to use the Winning Couple’s names, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or Contest purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation.
12. RELEASE: As a condition of entering or participating in this Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death, emotional distress, mental anguish or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor’s Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from the Event or any prize or Contest-related activity; (c) receipt, ownership, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, including any travel related thereto; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Contest; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize (“Released Matters”). By entering this Contest, the Winning Couple understands and agrees that not all jurisdictions recognize same-sex marriage, and the Sponsor
shall not be liable for the failure of any jurisdiction to recognize the Winning Couple as a married couple for any reason, including eligibility for state-administered benefits.
California citizens: You hereby acknowledge that you are familiar with Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, which provides that “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which, if known by him, must have materially affected the settlement with the debtor.” Accordingly, you hereby waive and relinquish every right or benefit which you may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and under any similar provision of any other applicable law, to the full extent that you may lawfully waive such right or benefit pertaining to this Contest and the Released Matters. You further acknowledge that you may hereafter discover facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true with the respect to the subject matter of this Contest, but that it is your intention hereby fully, finally and forever, to settle and release the Released Parties from all Released Matters, disputes and differences, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, which now exist, may exist or heretofore existed, and in furtherance of such intention, the release given herein shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release, notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different facts.
13. RIGHT TO MODIFY, CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, government regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest (or any part thereof), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award any remaining Prizes using all non-suspect eligible Entries received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties (as defined in Section 12 hereof) assume no responsibility for any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer (or any information/material stored therein) relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Any person who supplies false information, obtains Entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or identities of the Winning Couple based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of Entry.
14. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: By participating, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, Sponsor’s Website Terms and Conditions, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Contest entrants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other states laws.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, the parties agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, any claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of Winning Couple shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the County of Clark, State of Nevada. You hereby waive, any defenses based upon venue, the inconvenience of the forum, the lack of personal jurisdiction, the sufficiency of service of process or the like in any such action, suit or proceeding brought in the State of Nevada. You irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action regarding the Contest. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.