ROCK IN RIO FAN BATTLE
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. CONTEST OVERVIEW: The Rock in Rio Fan Club Battle (the “Contest”) is open to only artist/musician/band fan clubs designated by the Sponsor in writing in accordance with these Official Rules (each, a “Selected Fan Club”). During each week of the Contest, two Selected Fan Clubs will compete for the chance to win ten (10) pairs of general admission wristbands (20 wristbands total) for the Rock in Rio USA music festival held in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 8-9 and May 15-16, 2015 (the “Event”). The Contest is a wristband sales promotional contest in which each Selected Fan Club will encourage its members to purchase as many wristbands as possible during the Contest Period (defined below). A minimum of five (5) winning Selected Fan Clubs will be selected (each, a “Winning Club”) by the Sponsor based on the number of wristbands to the Event purchased by each Selected Fan Club’s members in accordance with these terms (see “How to Participate”, below).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sponsor will notify each fan club that that is a Selected Fan Club in writing before the Contest begins. Only Selected Fan Clubs shall be eligible to participate in this Contest. The Sponsor shall be entitled to rely on any information and/or representations provided by any individual or group of individuals acting with apparent authority as the authorized agent of a fan club, regardless of whether such individual or individuals are in fact authorized by the Fan Club to make such representations. Except where prohibited, all fan clubs participating or seeking to participate in this Contest and all such individuals hereby agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of any misrepresentation or lack of authority of such individuals to act on behalf of any fan club.
Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, distributors, suppliers, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising/Contest agencies, persons engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings – whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
3. SPONSORSHIP: This Contest is sponsored by Rock World USA, LLC, d/b/a Rock in Rio USA, 6280 West 3rd Street, #423, Los Angeles, California 90036 (the “Sponsor”).
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on March 10, 2015 and ends on April 28, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Contest Period”). Winning Clubs will be notified by April 28, 2015 using the contact information provided to the Sponsor. All times are determined according to the time in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During each week of the Contest Period (each week being a “Battle Week”), two Selected Fan Clubs will be selected by the Sponsor to compete for a Prize. During your Selected Fan Club’s designated Battle Week, direct your members to http://www.ticketmaster.com/Rock-In-Rio-USA-tickets/artist/2032533 and encourage them to purchase wristbands to the Event using the unique validation code (the “Code”) to be provided to the Selected Fan Club by the Sponsor.
The Battle Weeks will take place during the following dates:
• Battle Week 1 – March 16th to 29th
• Battle Week 2 – March 30th March to April 5th
• Battle Week 3 – April 6th to 12th
• Battle Week 4* – April 13th to 19th
• Battle Week 5* – April 20th to 26th
*Battle Weeks 4 and 5 to be confirmed.
6. HOW TO WIN: Each wristband purchased using your Code will count as an eligible sale (“Eligible Sale”). The Selected Fan Club with the highest number of Eligible Sales at the end of each Battle Week shall be a Winning Club. Winning Clubs shall be notified within two business days of the end of each Battle Week. In the unlikely event of a tie between the two competing Selected Fan Clubs during any Battle Week, the Sponsor will extend the Battle Week for those two Selected Fan Clubs for two additional days or such other time period determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any wristband sales that fail to qualify as Eligible Sales due to any error by the purchaser, the Selected Fan Club, or any other reason outside of the Sponsor’s control.
7. PRIZE: TEN PAIRS OF WRISTBANDS TO ROCK IN RIO! The Sponsor will select a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of five (5) Winning Clubs.
Prize Details: Each Prize consists of ten (10) pairs of general admission wristbands (20 wristbands) to one weekend of the Event chosen by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Prize”). All Prizes are subject to the Sponsor’s policies, procedures, terms and conditions in connection with the Event and each individual receiving a Prize shall comply with and agrees to be bound by all of such policies, procedures, terms and conditions. Each Winning Club will be responsible for distributing the Prize to its members (the “Prize Recipients”) as it sees fit, provided that each Winning Club shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, laws, rules and regulations relating to contests, sweepstakes, charitable raffles, and any other means of distributing prizes in connection with a promotion. Prize Recipients will be required to pick up their wristbands at the Event’s designated will call using a valid form of identification; wristbands will not be mailed to Prize Recipients.
THE SPONSOR DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE PRESENCE OF ANY BAND OR ARTIST, INCLUDING THE BAND/ARTIST TO WHICH THE FAN CLUB IS DEDICATED, AT THE EVENT. THE PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY MEET AND GREET WITH SUCH BAND OR ARTIST, OR WITH ANY OTHER PERSON AFFILIATED WITH THE EVENT. THE PRIZE SHALL NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL EXPENSES TO OR FROM LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, PASSPORT AND VISA FEES (IF APPLICABLE), GROUND TRANSPORTATION, LODGING, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL EXPENSES. IT IS EACH WINNING CLUB’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT PRIZE RECIPIENTS HAVE ARRANGED ALL NECESSARY TRAVEL. IF ANY PRIZE RECIPIENT CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE DATES PROVIDED, THE PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION AND NO ADDITIONAL PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED. THE PRIZE SHALL NOT INCLUDE ANY INCIDENTAL EXPENSES RELATED TO THE EVENT. THE SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM OF ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE.
All expenses and incidental travel and costs, including but not limited to, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of the Winning Club and the Prize Recipient. Any portion of the Prize that remains unused becomes the property of the Sponsor.
Sponsor will not replace any of the Prize components that are lost, mutilated, or stolen. There is no cash equivalent and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. EACH PRIZE RECIPIENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE RECEIPT AND/OR USE. Prizes are not transferable.
8. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Each Winning Club will be required to inform the Sponsor of its ten designated Prize Recipients within seven (7) days of being notified by the Sponsor and to provide all information required by Sponsor regarding such Prize Recipients. Resale of any wristbands by the Winning Club, the Prize Recipient, or any employees or agents thereof, is strictly prohibited. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Winning Club with these Official Rules, such potential Winning Club shall be disqualified, and all privileges otherwise due as the Winning Club shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winning Club may be chosen in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Winning Club is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Each Prize Recipient will be required to sign an Affidavit of Liability/Publicity Release, and Certificate of Work Made for Hire/Copyright Assignment (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), together with such other documents as Sponsor may deem necessary or advisable in its sole discretion, and return them within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential Prize Recipient must be selected by the Winning Club.
The Winning Club and each Prize Recipient will be jointly responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Prize. EACH PRIZE RECIPIENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE WINNING CLUB WITH A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES BEFORE A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED. Each Winning Club must provide each Prize Recipient with an IRS Form 1099, to be issued in the name of each Prize Recipient, in the calendar year the prize was won.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s designees and partners to use the Winning Club’s names, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and address (city and state) for any and all public relations, advertising and/or Contest purposes as determined by Sponsor, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), in perpetuity, without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation.
9. RELEASE: As a condition of entering or participating in this Contest, each Fan Club and each Prize Recipient agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death, emotional distress, mental anguish or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor’s Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from the Event or any prize or Contest-related activity; (c) receipt, ownership, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, including any travel related thereto; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Contest; (e) errors in administration of the Contest; or (f) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize (“Released Matters”).
California citizens: You hereby acknowledge that you are familiar with Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, which provides that “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which, if known by him, must have materially affected the settlement with the debtor.” Accordingly, you hereby waive and relinquish every right or benefit which you may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and under any similar provision of any other applicable law, to the full extent that you may lawfully waive such right or benefit pertaining to this Contest and the Released Matters. You further acknowledge that you may hereafter discover facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true with the respect to the subject matter of this Contest, but that it is your intention hereby fully, finally and forever, to settle and release the Released Parties from all Released Matters, disputes and differences, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, which now exist, may exist or heretofore existed, and in furtherance of such intention, the release given herein shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release, notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different facts.
10. RIGHT TO MODIFY, CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, government regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest (or any part thereof), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the sales process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award any remaining Prizes using all non-suspect Eligible Sales received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties (as defined in Section 9 hereof) assume no responsibility for any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or identities of the Winning Club or any authorized representatives of a Winning Club, such Winning Club and/or authorized representatives shall be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: By participating, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, Sponsor’s Website Terms and Conditions, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of the Fan Clubs, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other states laws.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, the parties agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, any claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of Winning Club shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the County of Clark, State of Nevada. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will the Winning Club or any Prize Recipient be permitted to obtain awards for, and, by participating in this Contest, the Winning Club and any Prize Recipient waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and each such party further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Rock in Rio Fan Battle
The dispute for the title of the largest fan club of Rock in Rio USA.
- Starts 03/16
- Ends 03/29
- Starts 03/30
- Ends 04/05
- Starts 04/06
- Ends 04/12