ROCK IN RIO ROCK TO UNLOCK PROMOTION
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Rock in Rio Rock to Unlock Promotion (the “Promotion”) is a sweepstakes in which three (3) winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor each week for three (3) weeks during the Promotion Period (defined below), for a total of nine (9) winners (each a “Winner” and, collectively, the “Winners”). The Winners will each receive the Prize (defined below) based on the Prize category the Entrant selected upon entry in the Promotion. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received in each prize category; in other words, many will enter; only nine (9) people will win.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all citizens and legal United States permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence as of the start of the Promotion Period, whichever is greater, and who have a valid email address and Twitter account. Officers, directors, and employees of the Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, distributors, suppliers, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Promotion, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings – whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) of such individuals, or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
3. SPONSORSHIP: This Promotion is sponsored by Rock World USA, LLC, 6280 West 3rd Street, #423, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor and/or its affiliates produce and will host the 2015 Rock in Rio USA music festival in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 8-9 and May 15-16, 2015 (the “Event”).
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on April 13, 2015 at 2:00:01 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on May 3, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Promotion Period”). All times are determined according to the time in Las Vegas, Nevada. Winners will be randomly chosen each week in each Prize category, and all entries for each week must be received by 11:59:59 p. m. (PT) on April 19, 2015, April 26, 2015 and May 3, 2015 (each a “Drawing Date” and, collectively, the “Drawing Dates”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. The drawings will be held on the Drawing Dates.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
i. During the Promotion Period, visit www.rockinrio.com (the “Website”) and follow the link to the Rock to Unlock page of the Website under the “More Experiences” tab.
ii. Click the button located on the page to retweet a Sponsor message from your personal Twitter account.
iii. Sign up for Rock to Unlock by providing your complete information on the provided form and selecting the Prize you would like if you are selected as a Winner.
You may be required to provide your name, complete address, phone number, age and email address if chosen as a Winner. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per household, per email address, and per Twitter account during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, Twitter accounts or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified upon registration or after further review by the Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the Twitter account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned to the Twitter account and email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter without retweeting the Sponsor message by sending an email with your name, complete mailing address, phone number, age and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive one (1) Promotion entry into the Prize drawing for the Prize category selected. Limit: One (1) entry per person per week. All email entries must be received prior to Each Drawing Date.
Proof of entering information is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of an entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or email address, including, but not limited to, commercial Promotion subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited; all such entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or block access to the Website by any individual suspected of using such processes. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, damaged, delayed, garbled, unintelligible, undelivered, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION / OPT-IN: By entering via Sponsor’s Website, you consent for the Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, Twitter handle, and other information for the purpose of administering this Promotion. Additionally, you are authorizing the Sponsor to send you emails to the address entered on the entry form regarding product offerings. The information that you provide in connection with the entry process will be used by Sponsor and/or its affiliates, but will not be sold or provided to another company. You may opt out of receiving future emails from Sponsor by clicking on the link contained in any email received. You will remain eligible for this Promotion whether or not you opt out of receiving the emails.
7. PRIZES: There will be one (1) Winner drawn from each of the three (3) Prize categories each week of the Promotion Period. Each Winner will have selected the Prize category for which he/she wishes to be eligible upon signing up for the Promotion. The Prize categories are as follows:
(a) Two (2) one-day general admission wristbands good for admission to Event on a date to be selected by the Sponsor, subject to availability.
(b) Two (2) backstage tours PLUS one merchandise kit containing one t-shirt, one miniature toy guitar, one set of miniature speakers, one flash drive, one lanyard, one pair of sunglasses, and one notebook (each, a “Merch Kit”). THIS PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE ADMISSION TO THE EVENT. YOU MUST PURCHASE A WRISTBAND TO THE EVENT TO REDEEM THE BACKSTAGE TOUR PORTION OF THE PRIZE.
(c) One free pass to ride the zip line at the Event PLUS one Merch Kit. THIS PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE ADMISSION TO THE EVENT. YOU MUST PURCHASE A WRISTBAND TO THE EVENT TO REDEEM THE ZIP LINE PORTION OF THE PRIZE.
Prize Details: The Prizes will be awarded to the Winners. NONE OF THE PRIZES INCLUDES TRAVEL TO LAS VEGAS FOR THE EVENT. All expenses and incidental travel costs, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, lodging, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
If any component of the Prizes is not available, is cancelled or is rescheduled for any reason, then the remaining elements of the Prizes shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Winners and no additional compensation will be awarded. The portions of the Prizes consisting of products/services for two (2) people require that the Winners and his/her guest redeem the Prize together. If any Winner chooses to attend the event without a guest, then the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to that Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any of the prize components that are lost, mutilated, or stolen.
There is no cash equivalent and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All Prizes are not transferable. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prizes are as follows.
(a) Two general admission tickets to Rock in Rio Rock Weekend, Las Vegas Nevada: $596.00
(b) Two general admission tickets to Rock in Rio Pop Weekend, Las Vegas, Nevada: $596.00
(c) Rock in Rio limited edition merchandise: $30.00
8. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The Winners will be selected by the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received in each Prize category, in a random drawing at the conclusion of each week of the Promotion Period on or about April 14, 2015, April 21, 2015, and April 28, 2015. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and not subject to challenge and/or appeal in any and all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received in each Prize category. The Winners will be notified, at Sponsor’s choice, by Twitter, by telephone, or by email. Upon initial notification and verification of the Winners, confirmation will be sent to the Winners via email. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only three attempts for alternates will be conducted per Winner. If attempts fail, that Prize may not be awarded.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, your participation in the Promotion constitutes your consent for Sponsor and its designees to use your name, image, likeness, voice, tweets, statements, prize information, biographical data, contact information, city and state of residence for editorial, public relations, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes in any media, in perpetuity, and without notice, consent, review or approval or further compensation. By participating in the Promotion, you further consent to our use of any photographs, audio recordings or video footage of you in advertising, marketing and promotional materials, including a brief post-drawing video interview of you should you become a Winner. You agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties for any liability, claims and causes of action based on defamation or violation of rights of publicity or privacy.
10. PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Any potential Winner must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by the potential Winner, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such potential Winner, in which case all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable eligible entries received. To claim a prize, you may be required to provide your correct full name, mailing address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. Potential Winners may be subject to verification before a prize will be awarded. Each Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Each Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and Certificate of Work Made for Hire/Copyright Assignment (collectively, the “Prize Acceptance Release”), together with such other documents as Sponsor may deem necessary or advisable in its sole discretion, and return them within seven (7) days of written notification or the prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion and an alternate potential Winner selected.
Each Winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. The stated ARV of the prizes is based on available information available to Sponsor, and any difference in ARV at the time of awarding will not be awarded, and the value of any prize awarded to each Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. EACH WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SPONSOR WITH A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAXPAYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER BEFORE A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED FOR TAX REPORTING PURPOSES. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each Winner for the total ARV of the prize, as stated above, in the calendar year the prize was won.
11. MODIFICATION: In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. If for any reason Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is no longer capable of running as intended by these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, postpone, delay or modify the Promotion and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, including, but not limited to, any occurrences described above, or any other causes which may corrupt or impair the integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. For example, Sponsor may select Winners in a random drawing from among the eligible entries received for each Prize category up to the time of the impairment or conducted a random drawing among all prize claimants, and neither Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties (defined below) shall have any further liability to any entrant in connection with the Promotion.
12. RELEASE: As a condition of entering or participating in this Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to personal injury, death, emotional distress, mental anguish or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Sponsor’s Website; (b) participating in any aspect of the Promotion, including without limitation while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize or Promotion-related activity; (c) receipt, ownership, possession, or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto; (d) viruses or any downloading or other problems with the Promotion; or (e) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize (“Released Matters”).
California citizens: You hereby acknowledge that you are familiar with Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, which provides that “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which, if known by him, must have materially affected the settlement with the debtor.” Accordingly, you hereby waive and relinquish every right or benefit which you may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and under any similar provision of any other applicable law, to the full extent that you may lawfully waive such right or benefit pertaining to this Promotion and the Released Matters. You further acknowledge that you may hereafter discover facts in addition to or different from those which you now know or believe to be true with the respect to the subject matter of this Promotion, but that it is your intention hereby fully, finally and forever, to settle and release the Released Parties from all Released Matters, disputes and differences, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, which now exist, may exist or heretofore existed, and in furtherance of such intention, the release given herein shall be and remain in effect as a full and complete release, notwithstanding the discovery or existence of any such additional or different facts.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, government regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion (or any part thereof), the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the Prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of or after (if applicable) this termination or suspension date. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, website congestion, email related errors, technical or network malfunctions, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or (ii) any damage to personal property, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer (or any information/material stored therein) relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Winner based on a Twitter account or email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
14. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: By participating, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, Sponsor’s Website Terms and Conditions and Twitter, Inc.’s. Terms of Service located at, https://twitter.com/tos?lang=en. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. The Promotion and these Official Rules shall be construed and governed in accordance with, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Promotion entrants, Sponsor, or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other states laws.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, the parties agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, any claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of each Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and by an arbitrator experienced in entertainment and marketing matters. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Promotion, if any), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Nevada, in the City of Las Vegas, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator will apply the substantive laws of the state of Nevada, will issue a written decision and will have the power to award any legal remedies except as limited by these Official Rules. The parties will split the arbitrator’s fee; provided, however, if applicable law requires Sponsor to pay the arbitrator’s fee in order for the arbitration provision to be enforceable, Sponsor shall have the discretion to elect to pay such fees and proceed to arbitration. You irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action regarding the Promotion. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that any party fails to appear to any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear.